This is an enjoyable, relaxing course which will give you a thorough physical
and psychological preparation for a comfortable experience of childbirth.
During the five 2-and-a-half hour classes you and your birthing companion
- Be given exercises to practice – alone
and with your birthing companion – to ensure that you feel really
confident in your ability to relax and birth easily.
- See inspiring videos of women birthing
with comfort and ease without a screaming, cursing, begging-for-the-drugs
rant among them!
- Learn techniques to deepen your relaxation
and be given the necessary knowledge on how to work with midwives and
other medical staff so you don't have to concern yourself with anything
apart from your own relaxation.
- Release anxieties or fears you may have
about giving birth – or any previous traumatic birth experience.
You will learn:
- Relaxation and self-hypnosis techniques to
eliminate the fear and tension that cause long labour and pain, replacing
them with confidence, calm and comfort.
- Special breathing techniques for each stage
- Other techniques to produce a shorter, more
- To create and control the body's own natural
- The source of the myth that pain accompanies
- Why women in other cultures have birthing
almost entirely free of discomfort.
- How the mother's body is designed to work
in neuromuscular harmony with nature throughout labour.
- To practice deep relaxation during and between
- The importance of prenatal and perinatal bonding.
- How the mother's body is designed to nurture
and birth the baby with ease and comfort.
- Natural ways to bring about birthing without
- How to bring your baby into the world without
the trauma or violence of hard pushing.
All materials (including book, CDs, scripts and handouts) and refreshments
Ongoing support via email or phone is available throughout the course
The skills you learn on the HypnoBirthing course will be beneficial in
many other areas of your life.
For information on classes and to book, contact